UKC

Dancing Ledge - Low Tier Top Anchors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NeilW 29 May 2017

At Dancing ledge today with a group. It would now seem that the majority of the top anchors (Staples in Resin), on the lower tier, have been removed - either by angle grinder or forcibly pulled out. In 2016 a large number of these resin staple top anchors had been hammered over, I first noticed some had been damaged in 2015. Any clues as to what is going on? I could only see 3 pairs which were undamaged - 2 pairs over the cliff edge and one pair toward the westward end.

Is this NT removing the bolts, or as suggested in 2015 local vandalism??

Lower tier is poorly protected by natural gear for top rope use these days, as some of the big blocks have gone.

Any thoughts or info - please post.

If you intend to go with a group - don't forget your permit, but importantly - go armed to work from your own placed pro.
Post edited at 20:48
In reply to NeilW:
Suggest you speak to the Dorset Bolt Fund through their Facebook page.

Since they have been previously hammered flat I guess that they may have been removed as they were unsafe?
In reply to NeilW:

> If you intend to go with a group - don't forget your permit, but importantly - go armed to work from your own placed pro.

And don't forget spare change for the ticket machine as the car park is pay and display. £1/2hrs in 2hr increments.
In reply to NeilW:
Hi, yup Dorset Bolt Fund came out to test the bolts and have removed the ones found to be unsafe. At the moment there is no plan to replace them by DBF as "It's not the position of the bolt fund to install bolts for commercial use. As I sure you can see there is a lot of responsibility issues in placing something for use by the paying public."
I imagine there will be talks between the regular commercial users of DL to fund/find a solution, but as yet I'm not sure what is happening regarding that.
Anyone any further info?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...