UKC

TV Advertising a Waste of Money!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 31 May 2017
Apparently knocking on a few doors is more effective than exposure of your product to an audience of millions. Who knew?

buzby 31 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

does anyone actually watch adverts anymore, I just record everything I want to see or get it on demand. If I am watching something live I skip channels till the programme resumes again. doesn't everyone do that nowadays.
 elsewhere 31 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
Online viewing - the only ads I see rather than fast forward.

It's noticeable they broadcast the first episode (nobody watches the ads) and then the whole series is online with ads.
 Dax H 31 May 2017
In reply to buzby:

Same here only I don't watch live TV.
Everything I watch is pre recorded, the only time I see adverts is if I start watching something that is recording and fast forwarding the adverts catches up to the live stuff.
 DancingOnRock 31 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I think making a decision on what you're selling and deciding how to sell it is quite important. Stick to your plans and let your competition be indecisive and leave it to the last minute to decide how and where they're going to advertise.
OP Yanis Nayu 31 May 2017
In reply to DancingOnRock:

> I think making a decision on what you're selling and deciding how to sell it is quite important. Stick to your plans and let your competition be indecisive and leave it to the last minute to decide how and where they're going to advertise.

So if your main competitor peddles their wares on live TV in front of an audience of millions, you'd do the same?
 balmybaldwin 31 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I think the rest may have missed the point.

It's even weirder that apparently not even knocking on doors as as effective as only talking to people who have already joined up to your Christmas shopping club. (She's not knocking on doors she's visiting Tory member events in case god forbid she has to answer the public's questions)
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I think the rest may have missed the point.It's even weirder that apparently not even knocking on doors as as effective as only talking to people who have already joined up to your Christmas shopping club. (She's not knocking on doors she's visiting Tory member events in case god forbid she has to answer the public's questions)

Finally!
 robert-hutton 31 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

It's like an advertisement for anti aging cream, only fools are taken in.
 wbo 31 May 2017

>' I think making a decision' 'Stick to your plans ' and leave it to the last minute'

Oh the irony
abseil 31 May 2017
In reply to robert-hutton:

> It's like an advertisement for anti aging cream, only fools are taken in.

Dammit!!! 800 quid down the drain!!!
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> So if your main competitor peddles their wares on live TV in front of an audience of millions, you'd do the same?

No. That's not what I wrote at all is it?

I'd continue with my plans while my main competitor dithered about deciding what they're going to do.
In reply to wbo:

> >' I think making a decision' 'Stick to your plans ' and leave it to the last minute'Oh the irony

Irony?

If your advertising campaign has been planned properly, you've assigned rescources and your competitor is trying to derail your campaign, I wouldn't allow myself to be distracted or drawn in.

And those plans of knocking on a few doors preaching to the converted are a more effective means of communicating with an electorate than standing up for you policies on TV in front of millions?

In reply to Yanis Nayu:

They're more effective than getting drawn into a squabbling rabble who are desperate to get their own way.
Gone for good 31 May 2017
> They're more effective than getting drawn into a squabbling rabble who are desperate to get their own way.

I gave up after 10 minutes. If that's democratic politics you're welcome to them. TM made the right decision in avoiding that fiasco despite the attempted stitch up by JC. Nobody will remember what was said in less than 24 hours. Nobody will remember there was even a supposed debate by the weekend.
Post edited at 21:23
In reply to Gone for good:

Absolutely. I turned it off after 10 as well.

Do they not realise that it will be shown around the world. What kind of impression of the British does that give.

I think serious politicians have learned a lot from watching the Trump and Clinton circus.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I watched most of the Giro highlights on Quest over the last 3 weeks. I reckon every hour long program had at least 25 mins of adverts.
Utterly infuriating but I reckon the increased advertising revenue was the only way that the channel could buy the rights. Never had the opportunity to watch it before so I reckon being subject to a few adverts was a price worth paying. A great race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...