UKC

Campsite Recommendations Snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 01 Jun 2017
Can anyone recommend any good campsites around the Llanberis Pass / Ogwen areas?

I'm hoping to get across for some bouldering, so anything within reasonable walking distance would be an extra bonus (although I'll have a car).

I've camped at a farm in Llanberis Pass that wasn't so great. I've also camped at one at the base of Llyn Gwynant. That was ok but absolutely rammed full and unpleasant as a consequence.

Thanks in advance
 riff156 01 Jun 2017
In reply to afx22:

There is a good one can't remember name of it but it's between betws-y- coed and Capel curing on the left hand side just after the army training camp you can't really miss it £ 6.00 per tent and good showers and good position for the pass or ogwen
Hope that helps
 Welsh Kate 01 Jun 2017
In reply to riff156:

Dol Gam?

Nice place, decent facilities, some bits of it can get a bit boggy in wet weather, but choose your pitch wisely and it's fine. The farmer will drag your car out if it does get bogged down
 d_b 01 Jun 2017
In reply to Welsh Kate:

That place hasn't been the same since they put lights in the toilet block. Luxury!
 planetmarshall 01 Jun 2017
In reply to riff156:

> There is a good one can't remember name of it but it's between betws-y- coed and Capel curing on the left hand side just after the army training camp you can't really miss it £ 6.00 per tent and good showers and good position for the pass or ogwen Hope that helps

Is that the one basically run by a cat? If so yes, highly recommended.
 Jenny C 01 Jun 2017
In reply to afx22:
Another vote for Dolgam, which this year has put it's prices up to £6/person/night. They have invested a lot in the site over the last couple of years to improve the facilities and add drainage to the most boggy areas, it has lost some of it's "character" but is still very much a walkers/climbers site with simple (spotlessly clean) facilities.

Only downside is that you will probably find yourself driving most days, but being slightly lower than those in the Ogwen valley it doesn't get (quite) as battered by the wind. The pub is walkable but just that bit further than you would like after a long day on the hills, which in itself could be seen as a bonus.
Post edited at 14:15
OP afx22 01 Jun 2017
In reply to afx22:

Thanks everyone. Dolgam it is
In reply to afx22:

I personally like Garth farm . its a working sheep farm just after Chapel Curig left off the A4086 above llyn Myumbyr . Great shower block superb views fire pits and wood available. Cheap as chips. 5 mins from the pass.
Farmer was pleasant and friendly.

TWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...