UKC

Easy multi pitch routes in Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mashoor183 07 Jun 2017
Anyone know of any easy (max 4a) multipitch climbs in the chamonix area? Couldn't find partners so going on my own, and if I can't find anyone to climb with while I'm there, then I'd be keen to solo some easy long stuff.

Recommendations welcome!
 Phil_ncl 08 Jun 2017
In reply to mashoor183: Not much help on routes to solo, but with the various courses using the Argentiere campsite chances are you could find a buddy there.

There's a via ferrata off the fégère lift that may interest you. I heard it'd been vandalised recently so no idea what state it's in currently ...worth a look maybe?
 tjekel 08 Jun 2017
In reply to mashoor183:

Traverse of Pt. Charmoz should fit the bill. One pitch of 4, rest 2 & 3 if i remember correctly. No glacier traverse woth mentioning, great position.
 summo 08 Jun 2017
In reply to mashoor183:

Aig. Moine behind courvecle hut might be Ok for you.
 PeterBlackler 09 Jun 2017
In reply to Phil_ncl:

>> There's a via ferrata off the fégère lift that may interest you. I heard it'd been vandalised recently so no idea what state it's in currently <<

Not sure that's the one that has been vandalised; the mountain conditions page on La Chamoniarde says:

"The Via Corda on the Rochers des Mottets has not been re-equipped after being vandalised for a second time last year. The Via Corda at Argentiere, (opened July 2016,) provides an alternative"

or have you heard that the new "Evettes via Ferrata" adjacent Flégère has also been effected?

Any info on this appreciated. I was trying to find out more on the Via Corda continuing on from the Evettes VF but there is scant information

Kind regards,

Peter
 Phil_ncl 10 Jun 2017
In reply to PeterBlackler:
I was told about by a friend who had seen it on twitter I think... sorry to not be much help. I'm sure the guides beureu / tourist info will know & be happy to tell you though
 veteye 10 Jun 2017
In reply to mashoor183:

Go and put your name in the message book in the Bureau des Guides in Chamonix. Also read the other messages for other single climbers. Bound to be someone camping etc in Chamonix will allow you to join them climbing on either side of the valley. I've certainly done this on several occasions when I have stayed there with my daughter who does not climb.
 Alex Pryor 10 Jun 2017
In reply to mashoor183:
If you do end up soloing, maybe Chamonix isn't the best place, certainly in the Aiguilles Rouges.
On the few occasions I've climbed there, the long rock routes have been chocker (which is why I don't climb there very often). And I can't imagine it being much fun to queue up or try to solo past pitches of slow climbers.
There are plenty of quieter areas, eg the Aravis, Grimsel Pass (lots of long grade 4s, so long as you don't mind soloing blank slabs), or just about anywhere in Austria.
 PeterBlackler 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Phil_ncl:

Actually you'd have to be pretty determined to vandalise the new VF at Flégère; it's on an impressive scale

youtube.com/watch?v=aKmxdlT6DiM&

I suspect the bolts on the Rochers des Mottets Via Corda would be a much easier target; mind you is odd as it's one of the very least developed parts of the Chamonix Valley (maybe that's the point they were trying to make; a shame though as such a nice route)

Pete

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...