UKC

Cashback websites, anyone use them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gethin_allen 10 Jun 2017
Having just got a nice tax rebate I'm looking to treat myself to some new bits for the bike but obviously being tight I'd like to get the best deal I can.
Does anyone use cashback websites and would anyone recommend any one in particular?

Thanks,

Gethin.
In reply to gethin_allen:

I use Topcashback and in a year I have had cashback (in my account) of around £200. That was for buying things that I would have bought anyway - car/home/holiday insurance, breakdown cover and other stuff.

Sometimes I take out credit cards via the site, fullfill the criteria for cashback and then destroy it, and then wait for the £20/30 to be paid. You have to be a little bit organized but the money I had last year paid for my fully comp camper van insurance so it was well worth it.
 skog 10 Jun 2017

I use topcashback and quidco; topcashback generally gives a little more cashback if you have the choice.

It almost always comes through, but it isn't absolutely guaranteed. Make sure to use it with advert blocking and the like disabled, and follow the links from it to the retailer on the way to making your purchase/signup.

As long as you take the cashback as an extra bonus, rather than buying from someone just because of the cashback, there really isn't anything to lose.
 LastBoyScout 10 Jun 2017

What they said above.

I'll happily recommended you for TopCashBack - then we'll both get a bonus
 Dell 11 Jun 2017

Had a few hundred quid from quidco over the last few years.
 grommet 11 Jun 2017

A supplementary question. I can see you can register a credit/debit card with these sites but has anyone registered their employer's company credit card with one of these sites? Is it allowed? Lots of flights, car hire, accommodation etc paid for using the employer's company credit card, and it seems a no brainer to use one of these sorts of sites.
 elliot.baker 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Out of interest are you not concerned about the effect on your credit rating of applying for credit cards when it's not necessary? I don't know exactly how credit ratings work and I know lenders have their own criteria, but I've always had the philosophy of avoiding unnecessary credit checks at all costs.
 LastBoyScout 12 Jun 2017
In reply to grommet:

I think my sister has done this with her company card and she used to book flights through Expedia whenever possible to get the Nectar points too.
In reply to elliot.baker:

Good question. One of the other things I got money (£12) for was a free Experian credit check. As it happens my credit rating is the highest possible so it had negligible effect. A credit rating would only be relevant if I needed to apply for credit, which I don't and propbably won't ever have to do. Lucky me. If your rating is so bad you can't get a credit card, then you have bigger problems than not getting cashback.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...