UKC

Hat with mosquito net built-in?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abcdef 21 Jun 2017
I need a sun hat but is there any advantage to having one with an integrated net? And if so, there are a few where the net is stored in the top so it essentially then covers the full hat when in use, and some where it drops down from underneath - is one better than the other??

Any recommendations???
 Wingnut 21 Jun 2017
In reply to abcdef:

I've got an outdoor research bug bucket - it was a competition prize off here. Seems to work well in terms of keeping the midges on the outside.
OP abcdef 21 Jun 2017
In reply to abcdef:

that was one i saw that looked OK, but where does the net originate from? The pics suggest it falls from the edge of the brim so the net would be away from your face, but not sure in reality how that works if it really just falls from the crown.
 nathan79 21 Jun 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Decathlon do some. Not sure if they have them in-store but they have them online.
 Toerag 21 Jun 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Craghopper and Fjallraven do them according to globetrotter.de
OP abcdef 21 Jun 2017
In reply to Toerag:

fjallraven: looks a dcent shape, but the net is cinched above the brim all the way around so looks a bit daft

craghoppers: looks decent, but can't see where the net is stored (suspect its just under the crown, inwhich case how does it stay off the face) and doesn't include a strap

outdoor research: do another one called a helios with netting. seems to fit most of my criteria, but its £40+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...