UKC

no chalk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
got to come once a year at least . So CHALK IS FOR THE WEAK you dont need it and its durty ; Trust me you can do it without it. Its the worse excuse ever.
brixton climber
 EddInaBox 25 Jun 2017
In reply to brixton climber:

A quick spray of antiperspirant on the hands before you go is a lot easier than stopping every move to hang on one handed whilst you dip into your chalk bag.
 jon 25 Jun 2017
In reply to EddInaBox:

Chalk is as pure as driven snow.
 Trangia 25 Jun 2017

Welcome back! Have missed your controversial posts

Chalk? Yes, I agree with you. Totally unnecessary, and disfigures the rock.

Right on, better tell all those gymnasts they're wasting their time.

I'd like to add that rubber soled plimsolls are for the genetically inferior, harnesses and ropes for the poor of aspiration and anyone using aluminium 'gear' ought to be beaten to death.

Ironically, your profile picture shows you drinking from a cup. What a weakling, don't you neck your brew straight from the kettle?!
 summo 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> Chalk? Yes, I agree with you. Totally unnecessary, and disfigures the rock.

Perhaps a grade threshold, if you use chalk you should knock it down a grade?
In reply to summo:

Couldn't we just introduce "Whitepoint" for ascents made onsight but with the aid of chalk?
 summo 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

> Couldn't we just introduce "Whitepoint" for ascents made onsight but with the aid of chalk?

Seems fair.

Then routes can have their first chalk free ascent too.
 Kevster 25 Jun 2017
In reply to summo:

Does that mean on skeleton ridge you'd have to do an eliminate version? No chalk like.
 pavelk 25 Jun 2017

Nice to know chalk is not only Czech sandstone evergreen! (It´ s forbidden here and many people can not cope with it - come see)
 bouldery bits 25 Jun 2017

> got to come once a year at least . So CHALK IS FOR THE WEAK you dont need it and its durty ; Trust me you can do it without it. Its the worse excuse ever.

> brixton climber

Your grammar is the worse excuse ever
 Si_G 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

> Right on, better tell all those gymnasts they're wasting their time.

> I'd like to add that rubber soled plimsolls are for the genetically inferior, harnesses and ropes for the poor of aspiration and anyone using aluminium 'gear' ought to be beaten to death.

> Ironically, your profile picture shows you drinking from a cup. What a weakling, don't you neck your brew straight from the kettle?!

Hobnail boots and Vaseline all the way.
And I pour my tea straight into my bare hands.
 stp 25 Jun 2017

Never mind about chalk. What about antihydral?
 bouldery bits 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Si_G:

> And I pour my tea straight into my bare hands.

Pah! Hands?? You wuss.
 Greasy Prusiks 25 Jun 2017

Are we still allowed chalk inside?

I'm slightly concerned that the only thing between "a training session at the climbing wall" and "a trip to the soft play area" is the use of chalk.
 mike8331 25 Jun 2017

you sound like Pat Littlejohn and the clean hand gang from the late seventies !!!!
 d_b 25 Jun 2017
I have a bag tied to my harness but it contains the finest quality bolivian marching powder. It has got me up many a sketchy route.

I have no use for chalk, for it clogs up the nose and confers no psychological benefits at all.
Post edited at 21:03
 leland stamper 25 Jun 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

I seem to remember that the better qualities of Bolivian marching powder are only unleashed with the aid of chalk or if not available crushed oyster shell. I should try mixing it up to see if you can extend your powers/ improve your skills. Take it orally to avoid nasal blockages.
 cwarby 25 Jun 2017
In reply to EddInaBox:

So which is worse; a quick spray into the ozone layer and subsequent landfill detritus or a bit of chalk washed off in the rain?
 Bulls Crack 25 Jun 2017
In reply to mike8331:

> you sound like Pat Littlejohn and the clean hand gang from the late seventies !!!!

Not really.....
 d_b 25 Jun 2017
In reply to cwarby:

I think most of them use butane as a propellent these days. No particular effect on the ozone layer but don't smoke when you put it on.
 Jon Stewart 25 Jun 2017

> CHALK IS FOR THE WEAK

I couldn't agree more. That's why I always smother myself from head to toe in mayonnaise before starting any route, as this proves what a real man I am.
 krikoman 25 Jun 2017

Bravo
In reply to krikoman:

it was easy really, but thank you
brixton climber
In reply to Jon Stewart:
I do agree that if you do any climb in southsanstone just wearing mayonnaise on your body, then the grade should change. it will still not make you a Man" but weldone good effort. Chalk is for the Weak in the head.
brixton climber
 EddInaBox 25 Jun 2017
In reply to cwarby:

> So which is worse; a quick spray into the ozone layer and subsequent landfill detritus or a bit of chalk washed off in the rain?

The burning of several litres of fossil derived fuel in order to to drive* to the crag, since you ask.

*unless you're flying, and then driving, that would be even worse.
 Trangia 26 Jun 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Your grammar is the worse excuse ever

How good is your French grammar then? I'll bet it's not as good as his English?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...