UKC

Bouldering North York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 webbo 26 Jun 2017
As anyone got any suggestions for some low ball bouldering close to Kirkbymoorside which is not too far to walk to and will be relatively bracken free.
I have been to such places as Ravenswick, Duck Stones, Clemmits, Stormy Hall, Round crag, Wainstones, Scotts and that place at the top of Rosedale Chimney.
Thanks.
 phleppy 26 Jun 2017
In reply to webbo:

There's Camp Hill with a 10 minutes walk in or you could try Arncliffe Woods or Glaisdale Head Boulders, presuming you've got the bouldering guide, both take about 15 minutes to get to from the parking. If you haven't got the guide then email me and I'll sort you some venues on pdf which may be of help to you.
OP webbo 26 Jun 2017
In reply to phleppy:
I have the guide but having climbed with Lee who tends to be enthusiastic about any bit of rock. I wasn't sure about some of the venues. Also Lee's idea of a 10 minute walk is abit different to mine.
I have been to Camphill a couple of times but I will try the other 2 places. Is it easy to find your way round Arncliffe woods, I don't have guide to hand but I remember it sounding a bit vague.
 phleppy 26 Jun 2017
In reply to webbo:

Yes that has happened on occasion but it is exercise at least. For Glaisdale Head I'd park at any of the lay-bys to the west of the boulders, it doesn't take long but involves a bit of heather bashing.
As for Arncliffe, once your across the river and following the path south it breaks off uphill on the flagstones, after about 5 minutes there's a large buttress to the right just past a bench which is sleeping buttress, some of these are quite high but there's a few on the front face that are short sitters with another small boulder just after this on the left, carry on past this for 100m or so as the track bears right and there's some good lowball stuff in the woods to the left starting with a nice little roof which will be visible.

Arncliffe would've been bone dry today but unfortunately the weather looks terrible for the rest of the week, it needs several dry days at least and some sun would be nice, Glaisdale maybe a day or so.
OP webbo 27 Jun 2017
In reply to webbo:
Cheers for that. I won't be up there for a week or so by then we might have a summer again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...