UKC

Guided Via Ferrata - Lake Garda

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aaron_t 01 Jul 2017
Has anyone got a recommendation for a via ferrata guide around Lake Garda?
I'm heading there in august, never done via ferrata and will be on my own.
 yelotango 01 Jul 2017
In reply to aaron_t:

If you are a climber / scrambler I`d suggest renting gear in Arco and trying VF Colodri, 10 minutes walk from town. Buy the Cicerone guide (vol.2) and you`re good to go. I know this is not what you asked, I`m in the area at the moment (did VF Sega yesterday & Tacole today). Local guides charge 60-120 Euros per route depending on length & difficulty.
 Toerag 02 Jul 2017
In reply to aaron_t:

If you can climb you don't need a guide, just the relevant safety kit and maps/guidebook. There's some simple ones quite close to Riva and Arco, just start at a low grade and work your way up through them. VF Rino Pisetta is genuinely hard and may not be super sensible to do on your own though. Top tip - take plenty of fluids, some are deceptively long and it'll invariably be hot down there.
 TomGB 02 Jul 2017
In reply to aaron_t:

Yeah you don't need a guide they're expensive. Can rent kit in riva or arco for about 10 euro. Rio sallagoni in drena is easy and nice on a hot day. Cima capi again nice and easy.
OP aaron_t 03 Jul 2017
In reply to yelotango:

OK, thanks all.
Any recommendations on easy routes then?
What are the buses like for getting around? do they go anywhere close?
 yelotango 03 Jul 2017
In reply to aaron_t:

August is a bad time of year, I was in Bolzano this afternoon - it was 30+. Cima Cap is a good choice, easy to get to (walk from Riva) but is long about 1200m of altitude gain. Colodri at Arco is short & easy. Sallagoni is a bit harder, may try that tomorrow as thunderstorms are forecast for the higher dolomites. Burrone at Mezzocorone is shady with a potential cablecar decent, may require a bit of a walk in from the train station. There are good bus links between Trento and Riva del Garda.
 Toerag 03 Jul 2017
In reply to aaron_t:

VF Rio Sallagoni is good fun to do at dusk into darkness 'cos all the creepy-crawlies come out of their holes .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...