UKC

crry on luggage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ashaw 30 Jul 2017
Hi sorry quick question off to span next week looking at only taking hand baggage. can I get away with taking 6 extenders and a belay device in my hand baggage
 Trangia 30 Jul 2017
In reply to ashaw:

Not necessarily. Trawl back through previous threads, there have been loads on this subject. It all depends on the attitude of security staff both out and back, but you could risk confiscation.
 mike123 30 Jul 2017
In reply to Trangia:
> Not necessarily. Trawl back through previous threads, there have been loads on this subject. It all depends on the attitude of security staff both out and back, but you could risk confiscation.
This.
flying from Manchester at Easter I had to do a hasty repack when I weighed my check in bag at 15.8kg before presenting it . I took out half my quick draws and put them in my carry on . The guy at x ray pulled them out and said " I don't think you can take this many of these " (( eh ? )) , to his credit he wandered off with them and came back about 10 minutes later to say it was ok. I would not risk it again. Why not just buy 6 from decathlon on arrival and give them away when you leave ?
Post edited at 09:29
 Fraser 30 Jul 2017
In reply to ashaw:

Yeah, go ahead, just take them.

Then once you find out at the airport security if THEY will let you take them onboard, you can add this info. to the stats from the trillion other threads on exactly the same subject and we can keep the UKC records updated.

Seriously, having first registered in 2002, have you never seen this question being asked on here before? Or used the search function?

ashaw 30 Jul 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Hi honestly I have never seen this thread before but then I tend to only look at the posts whcih interest me at the time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...