UKC

New route on Eagle Crag, Buttermere?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Phizzers 30 Jul 2017
Early this May I noticed a top rope on the steep wall you pass on the descent of Eagle Crag. It had obviously been tried, as gear was in place and the rope passed through this. It will be a very hard line, - has anyone heard if this project has been completed? Also, who's project is it?
 ebdon 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Phizzers:

A fixed line was where you discribe last summer as well. The line looks desperate, i was keeping half an eye on the news to see if it got done.
 Jon Stewart 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Phizzers:

Seen that too - don't think it's going to get finished any time soon! Bloody pishing weather.
 Ron Kenyon 03 Aug 2017
In reply to Phizzers:

Hi Phizzer - I was talking to the local chap who had been looking at this - not sure of current state of play or whether the "local chap" wants it know about his activities
 danm 03 Aug 2017
In reply to Ron Kenyon:

I don't think he can grumble too much Ron if he leaves rope and gear in-situ! Nice to see new routes being attempted in the Lakes anyway, good luck to the mystery person
 Fellover 03 Aug 2017
In reply to ebdon:

Yeah, I saw rope and gear on it last year as well, thought it would've been done by now.
In reply to Fellover:

I think it is locally known who is sniffing around. When the heat wave and drought comes it will all be worthwhile.
DC
Phizzers 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Ron Kenyon:

Hi Ron,
There was no intent to 'blow' the 'local lads' (Several mates have confirmed who it is) project, I was simply wondering whether it had been completed.
I looked at this with Rick Graham over 30 years ago, it looked impossible then - it still does!

Best of luck in completing it, young fella.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...