UKC

Went to El Chorro and sent NOTHING :) - ROPED Ep 1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
timadchoate 03 Aug 2017
5 Brits - first time climbing in El Chorro in the depths of January!

Thought I'd throw this one on here, its my first climbing vid so would love feedback good and bad!

*SPOILER* Not much gets sent, but we had a great time and got to know the area a little

Youtube link:
youtube.com/watch?v=VAkgG0iqaD0&
 MischaHY 03 Aug 2017
In reply to Bob1001:

Not even a postcard? Your mum'll be livid.
 tmawer 03 Aug 2017
In reply to Bob1001:

Really enjoyed that....thanks for sharing.
timadchoate 03 Aug 2017
In reply to tmawer:

Thanks! really glad to hear it : )
 Ben_Climber 04 Aug 2017
In reply to timadchoate:

Great little video.

'Privileged to be climbing in wild places on great lines and making lasting friendships along the way.'
Well said!
 zv 04 Aug 2017
In reply to timadchoate:

I enjoyed your video. That 7b looks awesome and I am sure it will go on your next trip.

Makes me want to visit El Chorro!
 stp 06 Aug 2017
In reply to timadchoate:
Really liked this inspiring vid. Nice summary, it's so true that climbing is about more than just getting up routes. So thanks for the reminder of that.
Post edited at 09:36
 natetan 06 Aug 2017
In reply to timadchoate:

Nice edit!
 TobyA 06 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

Has anyone else listened to the Jamcrack podcast with Molly Thompson-Smith? I listened a bit after watching this video and her description of the 'London scene' made me think of this film. It's a nice film and the climbing looks good, but the bit in the film about "places like Spain being a godsend" made me feel a bit like Grimer's almost anthropological interest in London climbing as just something totally different from the climbing scene he feels part of! It's sort of like it being a totally different sport that just looks exactly the same as my sport.

Anyway, nice video - thanks for sharing, and if people haven't they might want to listen to the Thompson-Smith interview http://www.niallgrimes.com/jam-crack-podcast/jcpc-034-molly-thompson-smith it's really interesting. I wonder if the guys who made this video would or wouldn't struggle, like Molly does, to the Grimer's question of "who is Joe Brown?"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...