UKC

RPM Problem peaguot 307 2007 petrol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
muhadmmad imran 20 Aug 2017
Dear All,
i have Peagout 307 model 2007 petrol. from last few days when i start driving the car when its reaches on third gear suddenly car drops RPM. and car stops and no accelerator working although car is start still. you have to restart your car and then its start running for some time. please advise me what is the problem and whats its solution.
 springfall2008 21 Aug 2017
In reply to muhadmmad imran:

That's an odd question to post in a climbing forum, perhaps a car forum?

Change the spark plugs
 wilkie14c 21 Aug 2017

trade it in for an octavia
 gethin_allen 21 Aug 2017
In reply to springfall2008:

> That's an odd question to post in a climbing forum, perhaps a car forum?

It's not exactly the first car question to be posted here and it's not like cars and climbers are mutually exclusive.

Also, if you look at many of the car questions asked here you'll see that a lot of very car knowledgeable people read the forums.

Regarding the OP;
Being French and a few years old my first guess would be that the problem is electrical. At which point I'd try and get hold of a fault code reader and see what's being recorded.
If you're handy with such things and plan to do the work yourself you may be able to buy one on E-bay cheaper than taking it to a garage.

If this is out of the question I'd check fuel flow first. When did you last change the fuel filter? could it be clogged? only change this if you know what you're doing, petrol is very flammable obviously and you need to disable the pump and depressurise the system before you change the filter (taking care with the flow direction).

Spark plugs (coil packs in particular) seem to have a habit of failing on modern cars and are relatively easy to test if you have the tools and knowledge to take the plugs out and test them. to check the coils I go for the method of turning the engine over with the plugs out of the head, wired into the HT lead and pressed against an engine mount for earth (held in insulated pliers/gloves).

Air filter is a very easy one to check.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...