UKC

Game of Thrones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeTS 21 Aug 2017
Where is the latest episode 'North of the Wall' actually set. I assume Canada or Alaska?
In reply to MikeTS:

It's funny you should ask that, because I was wondering the exact same thing.

Had a quick search at the time, and it suggested a load of places which I - rightly or wrongly - didn't think it was. Iceland seemed the most plausible, although I reckoned it looked much more like Canada - either BC or Alberta - but there was no mention of this having been used as a set for anything other than the scene where Arya was reunited with Nymeria.

Maybe more info will be forthcoming in time.
 nastyned 21 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

But more importantly where is a list of locations for the excellent looking cliffs that crop up regularly.
In reply to nastyned:

Maybe I should re-name my Fair Head, Northern Ireland Destination Guide to 'Dragonstone, Westeros'.

Best time of year to visit: not winter...
simplerandomwalk 21 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

I believe it is Iceland. If you search "Iceland" in Google Images you'll find a bunch of photos of a peak which is very popular tourist (and photographers) destination because close to a beautiful waterfall. Example: https://www.icelandprocruises.co.uk/media/img/gallery/cruises/0002-gallery-...

I believe this is the peak that's visible in one of the first "jon snow & co." scenes, even though they put different mountain ranges before it.

More reliably, you can find more info here: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Filming_locations
OP MikeTS 21 Aug 2017
In reply to simplerandomwalk:

I knew about Iceland. But does it have glaciers? Certainly not triangular mountains. The scenes are a mixture, and some looks like limestone mountains which I don't think is Iceland.
 Chris the Tall 21 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

I presume you mean where was it filmed ? It is set in a barren wasteland populated by zombies, to the north of a civilized but rather belligerent country, and separated from it by a large wall. It therefore bears absolutely no similarity to Scotland. None whatsoever.
simplerandomwalk 21 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:
Iceland definitely has glaciers. There's a behind the scenes video on YouTube called "The Frozen Lake" where they say that's where it was filmed, and then some scenes in Belfast. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the landscape a bit with some bonus mountains in post-production...
Post edited at 18:12
 ClimberEd 21 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

Iceland.

He's shown you the triangular mountain in the link.
OP MikeTS 21 Aug 2017
In reply to simplerandomwalk:

> There's a behind the scenes video on YouTube called "The Frozen Lake" where they say that's where it was filmed, and then some scenes in Belfast. .

The frozen lake was in Belfast! Wow
In reply to MikeTS:

Walking the TMB recently, we got chatting to a Chinese girl and her mother.

The girl asked me if I'd been to Scotland, so I explained that I had, and which hills I'd walked in.

She said how much she liked the scenery, so I asked where she had been. She explained that she hadn't been, but had seen the Harry Potter films...

I explained about where Hagrid's hut had been located, not far from the Clachaig (or, even more closely the Torren Cottages).
In reply to MikeTS:

> Where is the latest episode 'North of the Wall' actually set. I assume Canada or Alaska?

It's set in Westeros.....

The "Beyond the Wall" scenes are shot in Iceland and Belfast. King's Landing in Spain and Croatia. Dorne and Old Town in Spain too. Interview with the Director of that episode here:

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2017/8/21/16181208/season-7-episo...
 Big Ger 23 Aug 2017
In reply to MikeTS:
We've been invited to a party with a games of thrones theme. Never having watched it I don't know who to go as.

Those who know me suggest "The Hound", but from the images I've seen he just looks like a generic geek-w@nk character.
Post edited at 00:09
 Dave Garnett 23 Aug 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> Those who know me suggest "The Hound", but from the images I've seen he just looks like a generic geek-w@nk character.

Do you look remotely like him? Huge, long straggly hair and a extensive facial scarring? If so, go for it and scare the crap out of everyone else!
 Big Ger 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Do you look remotely like him? Huge, long straggly hair and a extensive facial scarring? If so, go for it and scare the crap out of everyone else!

I'm not small, (I could lose a few pounds,) how big is he? As for the hair and scars, I can get a wig and makeup for those.
 Big Ger 24 Aug 2017
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Bugger, I can do the ugly, but I'm nowhere like that big.

Any other suggestions?
 The Lemming 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Tyrion Lannister
 Big Ger 24 Aug 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

The taller version.
 Bloodfire 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

You might be able to play Euron Greyjoy judging by your mugshot. He's got to be a fun character to play! (watch a few youtube video's)
 The Lemming 24 Aug 2017
In reply to Bloodfire:

Now he is a man's man. A sort of anti-fop with attitude.
 Big Ger 25 Aug 2017
In reply to Bloodfire:

Looks good, thanks!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...