UKC

Skye Ridge - This weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 24 Aug 2017
Planning on attempting the Skye Ridge this Sunday (27th)
Anyone based in/around Skye can point me towards the most reliable weather forecast.

Or.. .is this weekend going to be too bad full stop!!!!

Thanks
Euge
In reply to Euge:

Not looking good. Wet from midday and gusting around 30. August in the north west has been rubbish
 Pids 25 Aug 2017
In reply to Euge:

Forecast more favourable for Sat than Sunday if you can change days

(I'm heading up this weekend too so hoping Sat is a decent day, fingers crossed)
 atrendall 25 Aug 2017
In reply to Euge:

Local fishermen largely use XCW but windspeed etc are for sea level.
MWIS NW Highlands has become increasingly good with it's Skye coverage and is usually pretty good.
Been lots of rain recently and is raining ATM so things like TD Gap will take a while to dry.
Don't even think about trying unless the forecast is good since progress will be interminably slow on wet rock and unless you know the ridge well then navigation will be nightmare.
Sunday talks of 40mph winds and rain on Skye so I'd say it's too bad full stop unless you're into a serious sufferfest.
OP Euge 25 Aug 2017
In reply to Euge:

Thanks for all the replies...
Cancelled it as I could only do Sunday...
I have had two previous failed attempts... once rained off (well didn't even get onto the ridge) and the other was the hottest day of the year and ran out of water!!!

These replies give me a warmer feeling that I made the right choice... This year has been the pits for both winter and summer climbing!!!!

Cheers
Euge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...