UKC

Ladyside crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Gresty 31 Aug 2017
I was pottering around in the Manifold valley yesterday, and as a result I'm wondering if Ladyside Crag as detailed on the sportsclimb website is the same as Chimney crag, and if so why the name change.
I know that area is referred to as Ladyside on maps, but I have known it as Chimney crag for over thirty years and that is how it is called in the guidebooks.

John Gresty
 Gary Gibson 31 Aug 2017
In reply to John Gresty: After a long and successful meeting Rob Dyer (BMC access officer) and myself had with the National Trust over access issues, this is their name for the crag which we call The Chimney, hence it being identified on my site and in the forthcoming Peak Limestone South as thus. It will have an AKA The Chimney attached as well. Hope that helps? They also agreed to climbing on the crag and the crag clearance that has been done.

OP John Gresty 01 Sep 2017
In reply to John Gresty:
Gary
Thanks for the clarification. Wish I was a bit fitter as the routes do look good.

Also I know the pillar above the water sinks just below Wetton Mill was included in a 'New Routes Supplement' many many moons ago, will this be shown in the new guide, there doesn't seem to have been much action there, i.e. plenty of grass present.

John
 Gary Gibson 01 Sep 2017
In reply to John Gresty: Hi John, done some easy new ones today as well as a superb little 6b+ which was my 4500th new route. The pillar on the other side is mentioned in the new guide but it has gone back to vegetation and I don't think it can be climbed at the moment. I will update my site soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...