UKC

ardeche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 05 Sep 2017
Off to Ardeche mid September, any super easy climbing 3s 4s 5s for non climbing partners? cheers Rich
 Bob Kemp 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Removed User:

The Plages - Chaulete(sp?) and Mazet. Generally family-friendly, good for lying about, river beaches, camping and nearby bars IIRC. Very polished when I was there 30-odd years ago though... probably mirror-like now.
 ebdon 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Bob Kemp:

I whent last year the easy routes are incredibly polished. quite an old skool venue i.e. hard beautiful setting though.
Removed User 05 Sep 2017
In reply to ebdon:

Thanks I think the Polish could be counter productive in terms of a good climbing experience but the area sounds good we will be mobile so should be ok
 ebdon 05 Sep 2017

TBH the climbing was ok but not great. the canoeing is family friendly and loads if fun there's even a few dws opportunities if you look around (more bouldering then that mental video of Sharma that was posted on here earlier this week)
Both the road and mountain are also good if you're that way inclined.
Removed User 05 Sep 2017
In reply to ebdon:

Thanks for that
 Neil R 05 Sep 2017

For somewhere probably less polished try Les Barasses. Opposite side of the river from a nice village.
 Bob Kemp 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Bob Kemp:
Just remembered, spent half a day bouldering in a really nice area of limestone blocs, near one of the municipal campsites. Just a wilderness of pinnacles dissected from a limestone plateau. No polish and great landings. Exactly where it was, I have no idea now - sorry!

Edit - it may have been here: https://www.camptocamp.org/waypoints/102112/fr/casteljau-blocs - the pic on the right looks very much like the kind of terrain I remember.
Post edited at 23:18
Removed User 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Looks good!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...