UKC

Blade Runner 2036 and 2048

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 25 Sep 2017
There are two new Bladerunner shorts on Youtube in the run up to Blade Runner 2049, both introduced by the main film's director Denis Villeneuve.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ&
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg&

I really liked the second one. And I'm definitely looking forward to the main film next month which I'll be psyched to see in IMAX.
In reply to stp:

Me too, can't wait.
 Blue Straggler 25 Sep 2017
In reply to stp:

The main feature has a running time of 163 minutes. I imagine it will be densely packed so that every shot, every line, every physical nuance, has some relevance. Will be a demanding watch!

At least I hope so.
 BnB 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> The main feature has a running time of 163 minutes. I imagine it will be densely packed so that every shot, every line, every physical nuance, has some relevance. Will be a demanding watch!

> At least I hope so.

Nearly 3 hours generally implies lazy editing. I hope I'm wrong.
 Blue Straggler 26 Sep 2017
In reply to BnB:

Good directing and editing credentials. Aside from any other criticisms I might have had about the three Denis Villeneuve films I've seen (Prisoners, Sicario and Arrival), I never felt that they were sloppily edited. Quite the opposite, in fact, in the first two cases there. Also the editor on Blade Runner 2049, Joe Walker, aside from having worked on Arrival and Sicario, also did 12 Years A Slave which was a tough editing job expertly done, Hunger (ditto) and a little British B-movie called The Escapist (Brian Cox prison thing) whose finale was an editing tour-de-force of reveals, flashbacks and cross-cutting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...