UKC

La Sportiva Skwama sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dale Berry 01 Oct 2017
Hello

I am thinking of getting a pair of these as a grit shoe and have conflicting reports on the sizing. An online size calculator tells me I should go up half a size from my Katanas (45.5- 46), but other comments I have seen, suggest going down half a size. Any pearls of wisdom here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dale
 snoop6060 01 Oct 2017
In reply to D Berry:

The feel really stiff when you first get them, but they soften up nicely. But I would not say they have stretched too much over time. Even after getting resoled. I went 1/2 a UK size down from my katanas but I use the katanas for trad so they aren't fitted mega tight. The squamas fit really nice at that size for bouldering and sport. Once softened up they are decent for trad as well to be fair.

Really versatile. My go to shoe for almost all climbing over the last year. Although they didn't last long before needing resoled. 9 months. Suspect as that as I used them for everything tho.
OP Dale Berry 12 Oct 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

Snoop. Thank you for your reply. It helped me get the right size, length ways, but they were just too wide for my feet as it turns out.

Dale
 snoop6060 12 Oct 2017
In reply to D Berry:

Argh, I should also have said. My feet are like dinner plates. As wide as they are long. And these fit me well!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...