/ I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ......

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
mark s - on 05 Oct 2017
Any one going to see blade runner 2049 this weekend?
Stichtplate on 05 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:
I bloody wish! mother in laws 70th birthday celebrations, whole sodding weekend.

Edit: I'm going to see things you people wouldn't believe.

Post edited at 22:22
Darren Jackson - on 05 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:

2049?... Is that when he's due for release?

Regardless, I won't be visiting him.
deepsoup - on 06 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:
Saw it this afternoon. *Loved* it.

I'm saying no more than that, but you might need to avoid your own thread for a bit for fear of spoilers! ;-)
wilkie14c - on 06 Oct 2017
In reply to deepsoup:

Going on Sunday evening
Lion Bakes on 06 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:

Probably watch Blade Runner 2023 first

LastBoyScout on 06 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:

No firm plan as yet, but will definitely try and see it at the cinema - probably once the fuss has died down a bit.
deepsoup - on 06 Oct 2017
In reply to LastBoyScout:
> will definitely try and see it at the cinema

This is a film worth seeing on the biggest screen you can imo. There are a few bits of cinematography in particular that are just breathtaking, they're not going to be the same on the telly at home.
wercat on 07 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain ......

unless I can somehow reach my phone round the u-bend"
Pero - on 07 Oct 2017
In reply to wercat:

> "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

The nearest star in Orion is about 240 light years away, so it's good going to get there and back by 2049!
Blue Straggler - on 07 Oct 2017
In reply to mark s:

It just about gets 8/10 which was a little disappointing as I went in believing it was going to be a rare 10/10, based on last week's critical buzz. I thought it was going to be flawless.
Acting, aesthetics, sound, score and editing were all very good but sadly there were gaps in the story that needed patching over. Maybe there is a 4 hour version that will tidy it all up.
Still very much recommended though. There are some shots that are just jaw-dropping and for that alone, its existence is justified
radddogg - on 17:12 Wed
In reply to mark s:

Do I need to have watched the previous 2048 films first?
Tom V - on 19:50 Wed
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I concur with almost everything you've said. And for that reason, the latest Apes offering is the better film.
Blue Straggler - on 16:54 Thu
In reply to Tom V:

I've seen War for the Planet of the Apes brought up in online discussion of Bladerunner 2049 elsewhere - in terms of "not much dialogue and not that much action and being pretty long but actually quite good"
Tom V - on 00:21 Fri
In reply to Blue Straggler:
I seriously wonder about the expectations of people who consider WPA to have "not that much action", unless they have been suckled on X Box fodder.
And, yes, I thought Bladerunner 2049 was actually quite good.
Post edited at 00:22

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.