UKC

Derbyshire hard rock routes in a day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nuts and bolts 30 Oct 2017
This arose from another thread and I thought I would post it separately .
How many have completed all the Derbyshire Hard Rock routes in a day?
I know that it is possible as a friend of mine has done it but I am sure it is a fairly exclusive club.
Essentially has to be done midsummer starting in the south on Debauchery and finishing on Alcasan.
Any little hiccups would scupper the attempt (traffic/ occupied routes etc) so must surely count as a major achievement.
Interested in comments.
 deacondeacon 30 Oct 2017
In reply to nuts and bolts:

Why would you finish on Alcasan. Stanage would be the most northerly
In reply to deacondeacon:

I dont suppose it matters on the order but i will check with Dave as to the precise order and whether they used a driver or not. Makes sense to drop off at the A6 car park for Plum buttress and collect at millers Dale after Sirplum and Chee Tor Girdle.
I am sure some superstar can solo them all in a day but Dave did it with gear and a mate.

I have new information. They actually finished on Chee tor Girdle not Alcasan.
Order as far as Dave can recollect was Debauchery, Suicide Wall, Elder Crack, Valkyrie, Right Unconquerable, Alcasan, Sirplum, Chee Tor Girdle.
 jon 30 Oct 2017

That looks like a great day out!
 dominic o 03 Nov 2017

This is indeed a very fine day out (although Peak District Hard Rock would be a better title, as some of the routes are in Yorkshire!)

A mate and I completed the round about 10 years ago with a 6am start for Debauchery, followed by Suicide Wall, Sirplum, Chee Tor Girdle, Alcasan, Elder Crack, Valkyrie and finishing on Right Unconquerable at about 7.30pm.

There's a short account of the day in an article I wrote for The Rucksack Club Journal with a bit more beta - see https://doughton.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/running-like-a-climber-big-day...

Cheers

Dom
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Nov 2017
In reply to dominic o:
A grand day out!

Which of those routes do you think is in Yorkshire out of interest?

Chris
Post edited at 06:52
In reply to dominic o:

Well done Dom. I knew there was some other venturous souls out there who had taken up the challenge. Also you beat Dave and Bruce's time by 2 hours! Great effort.
 dominic o 03 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Well I never! A quick check of the OS map would suggest that they are all indeed in Derbyshire. I must have been brainwashed by all my Sheffield mates telling me that they had the best of God's own rock, whereas I've really more claim as a Glossopian!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...