UKC

Paddy Heron

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 13 Nov 2017

I've just been passed the very sad news that Paddy Heron, proprietor of the Inchree bunkhouse has passed away. Doubtless many on here will have known him and have their memories and stories.

Paddy set up what was one the earliest climber's bunkhouses complete with a climbing wall set under the eaves on the gable. This expanded into the 4 Seasons restaurant in the early 90s. Paddy was a great friend and supporter to many of the climbers who made this their home and without him the local climbing history would likely have been different and much less colourful. I got to know him in the late 1980s when I lived in Glencoe. He could talk the hind legs off a donkey, and he was an absolute gentleman, an all round great guy and a true character who will be hugely missed. I'm sad that I didn't see him when I was at Inchree just a month ago.

Condolences to the family. RIP Big Man.
Post edited at 16:58
 OMR 13 Nov 2017
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

Well said Stuart. He wasn't just a friend to the climbers making history - he made myself and some other bumblies just as welcome and, other than teasing us if we didn't go out climbing in the rain, he never made us feel like we were any less than his more exalted guests (ie, the ones who could actually climb!). Always kept a well run bunkhouse, but was never overbearing and always good for a blether.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...