UKC

sustaining mojo....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 18 Nov 2017
...what's your trick?

I look at guidebooks! Sad really but it gets me really stoked.
 Misha 18 Nov 2017
In reply to French Erick:
Guide books (paper and online stuff) are good but nothing like getting out climbing. Keeping it varied through the year helps. Winter - spring alpine - sport - trad - summer alpine - trad - tooling - winter.
 alx 19 Nov 2017

Role play does it for me.

Tonight I scattered frozen peas on my patio then without use of my legs crawled around on it whilst my other half pretended to be my PA by very slowly reciting all my future public engagements.

By the end I got to pick up my golden axe, have a beer and maybe do some fingerboarding later with the cat.

stp 21 Nov 2017

Seeing myself improve always gets me psyched. Going abroad to new places is also great - though don't get to do that nearly as much as I'd like.
OP French Erick 22 Nov 2017
In reply to stp:

Improvements are hard to come by at times... being plateauing for a while. Probably don't want it enough to rearrange my life to obtain those improvements...who knows.

Trips abroad to climb are even rarer these days...and might even become relegated to history for me.

You are right though, those 2 would really be great to keep motivation high!
 Ciro 22 Nov 2017

Take a break and do something else for a couple of months. You'll be super motivated to re-arrange your life and power through your plateau when you get back
In reply to Ciro:

An interesting suggestion which I can't see work for me... I miss climbing too much.
My plateau is a long but not a bare and arid one- I'm enjoying ticking at the grades I am operating at as there are many classics to be had.
It's more about aspirations that the plateau effect is felt.

Overall, my mojo is good however, contrary to the impression the OP gives. I was just wondering what others did.
All suggestions are good, and will be carefully considered ( I haven't ditched the couple of months off if I can find a substitute and can time it well).
In reply to alx:

well maybe not alx' suggestion though!!!
 yoshi.h 22 Nov 2017

If I can't climb myself, watching stronger people with good style climb gets me hyped.
Watching Daniel Woods climbing The Process got me super hyped recently.
Also Ondra climbing La Dura Dura is awesome.
It also helps me visualise and tune in a lot.
 stp 22 Nov 2017
In reply to mouseliveson:

Agreed, Ondra's ascent of La Dura Dura is a particularly impressive bit of climbing and a great motivator.
 bouldery bits 22 Nov 2017

I bellow at myself in the mirror.
 alx 22 Nov 2017

You should try thinking of Margaret Thatcher in a thong to help to sustain yourself for longer.
 bouldery bits 22 Nov 2017

And sometimes I'll just go and tidy my gear. That works too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...