UKC

LoweAlpine Mountain Glove replacement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 22 Nov 2017
Oracles of UKC, I have decided to replace my lovely Lowe Alpine mountain gloves as they're no longer waterproof. Revitalising the DWR simply doesn't cut it when I'm out hiking in the rain for a whole day or playing in the snow.
So, what would be a good replacement? I don't need anything warmer, and I'm not going to be ice climbing. As I have some vouchers for Needlesports opinions on the ones they sell would be welcome:-
Rab Vengeance
Rab Storm
ME Guide
ME Couloir
OR Adrenaline
Thanks in advance
OP Toerag 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

bump, no suggestions or comment?
 Connorh 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:
I've got a pair of ME guide gloves which seem to be pretty waterproof (Besides for the big hole you're hand goes in) and are pretty warm. I like them a lot.

Downside - Any ice or snow on your hand can get stuck to the liner on the inside, and then occationally when you remove a hand the insulation comes out too. Its very difficult to fix in the cold and it can have quite terrible consequences if you don't have a spare pair.
Post edited at 14:58
 artif 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Hestra, but I don't think Needlesports do them
 nniff 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

BD Punisher -pretty faultless, especially with a liner
 RyanS 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

I really rate Black Diamond gloves, and use them working all through the winter. Punisher is my favourite: theres usually two pairs of these in my pack.
 John Ww 28 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

I’ve got a pair of ME Couloir, and have used them for cold weather skiing for the last five or six years - warm and waterproof, but they were pretty stiff at first, and took a couple of seasons to wear in. Hard wearing and built to last though.

JW
OP Toerag 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks all, just the kind of info I wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...