UKC

Crawl down the Ogre London presentation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CebuUp 23 Nov 2017
Morning,

I was lucky to get a ticket for the Talk/Fundraiser yesterday at the Royal Geographical society in London..

Even with a very hurried dash to get there on time after work I really enjoyed the evening and having Chris Bonington also on stage in attendance was a great bonus as Doug Scott normally does this presentation on his own. It was the first time I had heard either speak in person and they do present really well together.

I found the schedule just about right starting at 19:00 and finishing at 22:00 with a 30 minute interval.

The disappointing thing for me was the shear number of people that got up and started to leave with about 30 minutes to go with murmurings of "beating the rush",. Personally I just found it a bit disrespectful as did other attendees around me, you had two of the most famous Mountaineers retelling a epic story and people could not even stay during the crux of the presentation.

I say this as I know a few people that would have really wanted to be there yesterday but where unable to get tickets.. But I guess they paid their monies and did what they feel is acceptable.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the evening, hopefully they raised what they needed for their Nepal support program and I hope they do more presentations as a pair in the future.

Regards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...