UKC

Go Pro Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 03 Dec 2017
Back in October I received some very useful assistance on: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=673462&v=1#x8663193 including a link from Mr Lopez.

Somehow or other the "Capture" app on my phone has again become the Go Pro app along with the bloody infuriating "Quik". Unfortunately I'm now getting nowhere with Mr Lopez's link. It downloads but I can find now way of opening/installing it. When I click on the Download it just keeps going round in circles asking how I want to open it.

Can anyone help again please?
 richprideaux 03 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Why can't you just use the latest version of the app? It does everything it always has done - the controls etc are accessible via the menu (top left).
OP mypyrex 03 Dec 2017
In reply to richprideaux:
Yes, I was beginning to think that I might try it. It's just that I'm not likely to be interested in all the other things that come with it. Saving a video to my phone neither interest me or is of any use to me. I do wonder why anybody else needs that sort of thing rather than up loading it from the SD card to my pc where I'm going to edit it.
Post edited at 16:51
 Fraser 03 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

How old is your phone? I can't run the new 'Go Pro' app (Capture's latest incarnation) on mine as the OS isn't up to it apparently (I'm on Android 4.x) When I try connecting with my tablet - which runs the Go Pro app just fine - it's always a bit hit and miss.
 richprideaux 03 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I only use it for adjusting the frame rate or occasionally for live view when the camera is in a weird place and I want to check that it's composed properly.

Otherwise I just pull the SD card as I do with all of my other cameras.

I would suggest just using the current version and ignoring Quik (which I think the rest of the world is also doing)
OP mypyrex 03 Dec 2017

I'm just waiting for the camera to charge up and then I'll try it. I do wonder why these firms bring out these gizmos and things. As I said before I haven't yet seen what the point of "Quik" is and feel it's just another nuisance thing that THEY want you to have.
 Fraser 03 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Agreed. I've just uninstalled it on my tablet to see if it'll make the GoPro app connection any more reliable.
OP mypyrex 04 Dec 2017
I've put this bloody app on my phone along with the f***ing stupid Quik thing but can find no way of operating my camera from it.
 richprideaux 04 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Menu top left?
OP mypyrex 04 Dec 2017

> Menu top left?

All it say is "Home" - everything else "greyed" out
 Al Cartwright 04 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

you have to connect to the cameras wifi, from your phone settings, connections, before you can control it via the app.
 Fraser 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Al Cartwright:

I saw somewhere that the Bluetooth connection was best to make the connection, rather than Wi-fi. Also I found it better to connect using the tablet (phone in the OPs case) rather than from the camera.
OP mypyrex 04 Dec 2017
Think I've cracked it! The words on the menu that are greyed out actually come to life when you touch them!
 richprideaux 04 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

> Think I've cracked it! The words on the menu that are greyed out actually come to life when you touch them!

*facepalm*
 Blue Straggler 05 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

> "I do wonder why anybody else needs that sort of thing"

> "feel it's just another nuisance thing that THEY want you to have"

Do you understand irony?
I hope you sort out whatever your trivial issue is, BUT...language such as quoted above, in a thread about playing with GoPro cameras, is a great definition of irony.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...