/ Car Insurance Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mypyrex - on 06 Dec 2017

Well, having done the decent thing and told my insurers about my minor bump a couple of weeks ago I got an email saying they were bumping up next years insurance(due today) by £153.
So much for being honest and doing the right thing.
Post edited at 19:26
bedspring on 06 Dec 2017
earlsdonwhu - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I just had a renewal notice for three cars. One ten minute phone call and without changing any existing things like excesses or mileages, they found me £308 of discounts. Obviously, pays not to accept first offers!
MG - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Did they say why? Most premiums are going up so it could be entirely unrelated. As above, shop around
bedspring on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to MG:

Top tip, get other people on your policy, 3 seems to be the optimum number.
mypyrex - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to MG:

Because I notified them of a "no fault no claim" incident.
MG - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Seems odd but go elsewhere,
CasWebb - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Just been through the same thing and my premium went up as well. However, I did get my insurer to reduce the increase by checking the comparison sites, admitting to the accident, and finding that my own insurer quoted me less if I was a new customer. Even worse though....Some swine just did a hit and run on me......but we've got their details and will be claiming against them plus reporting to the police.
climbwhenready - on 06 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

My premium went up by £100 despite nothing happening in the last year. So I went elsewhere.

Bear in mind all premiums seem to be going up at the moment - they are essentially linked to the financial market.
mypyrex - on 07 Dec 2017
In reply to climbwhenready:

Yes, I know premiums go up but Amiral told me mid November what my renewal would cost. I haggled and got a reduction. Then, on 27 Nov I informed them of the no fault no claim incident and they have stung me for another £150

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.