UKC

Costa B: Via Ferrata Relleu (Penya del Figuerta) Abseil Length?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceM 12 Dec 2017
Does anybody know this VF route on Costa Blanca and know if you could get off with a single 50m rope?

Any text I've found talks about a 60m rope, but it's not clear if this is the absolute minimum, or just saying that you need at least one single rope -- and 60m is generally the current standard minimum single.

I would just have one half of a pair of 50m doubles. So may not be possible.

Cheers.
 Mark Eddy 12 Dec 2017
In reply to BruceM:

If you don't mind some down-scrambling on steep ground then should be okay with care and knots in the end. Although a 60m would be safer & easier.

There's a restriction on the Relleu crag at this time of year (I think from 1st Dec - May), so it's out of bounds until then anyway.
There's a really nice Via Ferrata on El Cid, (Marin crag area). No abseils required for it either.
Some info about both and a few others here: http://www.mountain-journeys.co.uk/via-ferrata.html
OP BruceM 12 Dec 2017
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Hi Mark

Thanks for your info. And for your page of goodies! That's a good summary of routes. Cheers.

Ah, I wasn't aware there could be access restrictions. That would scupper any early new year plans anyway.

My girl (and climbing partner) is leaving Costa before me in Jan, so I thought I would have a look at some of the local VFs and scrambles in the extra week that I have.

I do know El Cid, and was planning on heading back there -- haven't done it for about 15 years! Probably also scramble the Bernia and maybe skip the initial ropey bits.

Thanks again
Bruce

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...