UKC

Living in Kendal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Heaton 15 Dec 2017
Hey,

I'm looking to move up to Kendal in January. I have 2 children under 3 and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for toddler groups or activity groups to get them involved in?
Also, any areas of the town that are particularly nice to live in or should be avoided?

Cheers,
Dave
 plyometrics 15 Dec 2017
In reply to Dave Heaton:

Great choice!

Can’t help you with the toddlers bit, but the north western quarter of the town is generally considered ‘nicer’; although I would argue nowhere in kendal needs to be ‘avoided’, other than near the River Kent, for obvious reasons.

Depending on budget and property taste, areas to look at residentially (IMHO) would be in and around: Kendal Green, Greenside, Brigsteer Rd, and the top end of Windermere Road, all of which are home to some lovely period properties, as well as being close to both the Riflemans pub, Kendal Fell and the scars, which are perfect for running and walking. Sedbergh Road to the east of the town also has some nice property to go at.

If you’re buying, make sure your searches are robust, areas you wouldn’t expect to flood do.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with the move and I hope you and the family settle in well, it’s a great place to call home.
Post edited at 14:55
 Rog Wilko 15 Dec 2017
In reply to Dave Heaton:

> Also, any areas of the town that are particularly nice to live in or should be avoided?

Check flooding possibilities! Desmond flooded areas of the town with no previous history of flooding.
OP Dave Heaton 15 Dec 2017
In reply to Dave Heaton:

Thanks guys, that's helpful.
We'll be renting to begin with but will look for properties on a hill!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...