UKC

Primus EtaPot 3L compatibility

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Been trying to get hold of the information from Primus but it's not been easy so thought I'd check on here.

Does anyone have the EtaPot 3L and the Spider stove? I have the Spider and am looking to buy the now d/c 3L EtaPot but I'm not sure if it will fit on the Spider (by fit I mean have the heat-exchanger sitting on the stove legs, not the base of the pot).

Can anyone confirm if they have this setup working? Cheers
 Bog ninja 10 Jan 2018
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I don’t have the 3lt pot but I have the 1.0l and 1.8l eta pots for my primus spider. The heat exchanger of the 1 litre sits securely on the stoves arms but the 1.8 litre, while sitting on the arms is slightly too wide and the pot easily tips over. I suspect for the 3lt pot the stoves arms will rest on the pan base not the heat exchanger
In reply to Bog ninja:

Ah as I suspected, appreciate the help. Back to the drawing board then!
In reply to Bog ninja:

Do you know if it matters whether the stove legs are on the heat exchanger or pot base? There isn't really any mention of it in the Primus manuals (only "With a frying pan or large pots (Fig. 3) IMPORTANT! When using a frying pan or other pots than the PrimeTech™ Pot 1.0 L, do not use the wind screen (5)!"), otherwise there is just a symbol on my Eta pot showing not to do it.

I have heard that CO levels are raised when the flame isn't combusting fully, but wouldn't everyone with a standard flat based pot have that issue?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...