UKC

Dry tooling in Mendips/Cheddar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keiran.A 19 Jan 2018

Is there anywhere suitable/ethical to dry tool/mixed climb in the area? Fairy quarry? 

Thanks guys!

Release the hounds!!!

leland stamper 19 Jan 2018
In reply to Keiran.A:

Under the bridge.

OP Keiran.A 19 Jan 2018
In reply to leland stamper:

bridge in fairy quarry? Not seen one there, is it any good?

spenser 20 Jan 2018
In reply to Keiran.A:

Fairy Cave is not a legit venue for dry tooling. There is a chalk quarry near Salisbury which is used for that sort of thing but I don't know of anywhere else.

In reply to Keiran.A:

There are no dry tooling venues in the Mendips or Cheddar... ignore the first reply to you, the person was attempting to make a poor joke.

In reply to Keiran.A:

There may be no known venues, but if there's one chalk quarry there'll be others. SPend a wet SUnday with an OS map driviong round and you might be rewarded.

leland stamper 20 Jan 2018
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:I feel that's a little cruel. The Strawberry line has a number of bridges perfectly suitable for this sort of thing

OP Keiran.A 24 Jan 2018
In reply to leland stamper:

i cant dind any info on that.k x

thanks guys, was alot wetter than i expected. the gorge had become a fast moving rocky/gravelly steam way, driving up it wont be forgetten any time soon.

ended up caving.

.k x

DoctorYoghourt 29 Jan 2018
In reply to Keiran.A:

Can someone explain to me what drytooling is?  And are there any clubs nearby where I might explore this further in a consensual fashion?

GrahamD 29 Jan 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Finding some undiscovered limestone crag and levering off all the loose rock with ice tools could do us all a favour !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...