UKC

Mountain Equipment Havoc Pant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi Folks,

Looking for a new set of waterproof pants which can be used for winter climbing (easy stuff generally, not hardcore mixed climbing) but that will also allow me to go skiing - does anyone have any reviews of the ME Havoc Pant? 

They seem to fit the bill, but I'm concerned they won't stand up to prolonged use (no patches where ice screws will sit for example).  Do people think the Tupilak or Narwhal is a better option? I'm not fixed on ME, but I've had they stuff in the past and it always seems well built, robust and little faff! 

Thanks,

Jay

CoraTex 30 Jan 2018
In reply to crag_hopper_Jay:

I just have an idea about the waterproof pants between Tupilak or Narwhal, you can test the water resistance both of them. And I know that the hydrostatic head tester is uesed to test it. Read more: http://www.testextextile.com/product/hydrostatic-head-tester-tf163e

Slarti B 30 Jan 2018
In reply to crag_hopper_Jay:

I have Tupilak pants (bought at big discount !) and have used them for a few days ski touring in very wet weather and a coue of days ice climbing when i expected to get wet. But, they are pretty heavy duty for normal climbing.

I normally prefer soft shell;  have had Patagonia back country guide (sadly discontinued) for last few years and great for winter, ice, and skiiing. Just replaced them with ME G2 mountain pants.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...