UKC

Left luggage in Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sanguine 19 Feb 2018

Hello Forum, 

We will be trying some winter routes and bivouacing for the duration in Chamonix in March, but we have need of storing a bag or two of civvie clothes etc. to change back into etc. when we return from the hills - does anyone have any suggestions about where to store the bags? I have tried asking the odd camp site but they just reply that they are "closed for the winter" - no negotiation.

Perhaps is anyone here living there willing to store them for a fee maybe?

Misha 19 Feb 2018
In reply to sanguine:

The Ski Station chalet near the Brevent lift have a loft where you can leave stuff if you’re staying there before and after. 

OP sanguine 19 Feb 2018
In reply to Misha:

Ya - but as we will probably be bivouacing straight through and not staying anywhere in town, not sure they will accept our bags. I can email and ask though. 

Any other suggestions Forum?

Andy Johnson 19 Feb 2018
In reply to sanguine:

From 2015 but probably worth a try: https://www.chamonix.net/english/chamonix/luggage-lockers

Misha 19 Feb 2018
In reply to sanguine:

Bivouacing in March for a period of time, that’s pretty hardcore. I suppose it’s doable with a tent. 

RichardB 21 Feb 2018
In reply to sanguine:

Last year the 'newsagent' type place on the right as you walk into town from the SNCF train station ran a left luggage service.

Ian Carey 23 Feb 2018
In reply to sanguine:

A few years ago I left gear buried in the woods in May, wrapped in a couple of bin bags.

The plan was to leave it there for a couple of weeks while I went walking with my wife.

Unfortunately I had a bike accident and didn’t get back to my stash till September.

Everything was fine, apart from a few slugs.

Using a dry bag would be better and it is cheap.

Ian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...