UKC

hunting for old climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andork123 20 Feb 2018

Ok, so this is a bit of a long shot... 

I am looking for someone called Tracey Wardle who was a Nottingham based climber and mountaineer in the 70s-80s. 
He was my Farther (John Poyzer) climbing partner along with helping run my families Nottingham based organisation called Operation Overland which delivered medical aid across Europe and Africa. 

They had their photos in Grindleford Cafe and also the Robin hood inn near Birchen for many years along with being friends and partners of Doug Scott and Chris Bonnington. 

My dad died when I was young so don't have much to go on but newspaper clippings so looking to find people that knew/were friends with either of them, or even better put me in touch with Tracey. 

Some photos can be seen here.
https://imgur.com/a/FOwEu

Thanks,
Alex.

Andy Hardy 20 Feb 2018
In reply to andork123:

Can't help with your search I'm afraid, beyond giving this post a bump.

Good luck, please let us know if you succeed!

In reply to andork123:

I’ve a vague recollection of running into them with some of the Nottingham Climbing Club guys- Terry Bolger, Ron Prior and Pip Hopkinson et al. 

I was never sure if it was a ‘proper’ club, as Pip once told me ‘ the only rule is, if you ask to join, you can’t’. We did have club dinners, and curries out with Doug Scott, so maybe it was a proper club.

maybe there are people from that club on here?

OP andork123 20 Feb 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

ohh thats awesome! Yeah they were part of the 'Nottingham climbing club' so I will look them guys up! cheers  

Removed User 20 Feb 2018
In reply to andork123:

I knew a guy years ago called Dan (Meadows?) whom I'm pretty sure was part of a Nottingham crowd, certainly he was friends with Doug Scott and had been on a few early trips with him (Baffin etc). I think he is still a member of the Braes o Fife MC. 

Have you considered contacting Doug S and Chris B directly? They will likely will have photos.

Good luck.

OP andork123 20 Feb 2018
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

Believe it or not, I never actually thought to message them directly lol. I've sent Doug a message.

I'll look Dan up too, cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...