UKC

FiveTen Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Hughes 20 Feb 2018

hi,

does anyone have any experience with these shoes? I’m looking for an all purpose shoe which I can use mainly on the bike but also short walks and maybe  the odd run. 

Cheers,

bob

pjcollinson 20 Feb 2018
In reply to Bob Hughes:

Had a pair for about a year now. Very comfortable straight from the box but not a great deal of support. I find them a bit too flexible for biking but they do sit nicely on flat pedals. I tried running a couple of times in them but again they lack support and don't provide much cushioning, so not really an alternative to decent running shoes. They're great for short walks and general kicking about in, but not great when carrying a heavy climbing sack. 

I'll probably get another pair though, especially at the current prices from Rock and Run and a few others I think.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Post edited at 21:06
OP Bob Hughes 21 Feb 2018
In reply to pjcollinson:

thanks - yes really helpful. Bikewise, i'm just looking for something to throw on for a quick bash ruond the park so don't need stiffness. Today i'm using an old pair of trainers which have been eaten up by the pedal pins. 

One more question - i've read that the fit is "technical" (ie. small) and that i should go up half a size. How is the fit for you?

thanks again for the help

Bob

pjcollinson 21 Feb 2018
In reply to Bob Hughes:

Usual shoe size, with thin Bridgedale coolmax socks. Perfect fit for me. I'm not sure how durable the soles would be with aggressive pedal pins, as they're the usual sticky 5.10 rubber, so loads of grip but quite soft.

Hope this helps.

OP Bob Hughes 22 Feb 2018
In reply to pjcollinson:

thanks for taking the time with your answers. 

Very helpful!

In reply to Bob Hughes:

Though a different and older shoe model, re flats with 5.10 sticky rubber, I used to use my 5.10 insights with flats and have never found the pins damaging the sole unlike some other sole compounds. Of course if 5.10 have changed the compound over the years or you have very aggressive puns, my experience is not helpful!

Post edited at 14:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...