UKC

2/3 month climbing trip - where to in Europe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi - first post, so please be gentle.

TL;DR - looking for advice on where to travel in Europe for 2/3 months this summer.  Driving from UK.  Going solo so need to find climbing buddies.  Dirtbagging.  Low grades

Brief background - got into climbing maybe 6-8 months ago so very much a beginner.  Indoor leading 6B+, Outdoors 5C/6A (based on a couple of days climbing in Mallorca, confident I can lift this to 6A in no time), Trad HVS. History of competing in cycling etc so well aware of how to push, when to back off etc.

I'm 27, currently in a pressured business environment, which I enjoy, but realise there will never be a better time for me to travel, single, no long term mortgage or rent agreement,  CV/Career in a great place, good savings squirrelled away....  Mentally committed to going travelling this year, with a working abroad option pencilled in for the start of 2019.

My current plans are:

June + July - Europe. August - Lakes with some mates September - Yosemite + some California boozy travelling with close mates Nov + Dec - Thailand (probably a separate thread...) 2019 - working in Uganda (any climbing there??)

So.... Europe....Where is best in that time?  I am lost in a sea of internet advice, mostly tailored towards higher grades.  I am looking for not too hot, social (travelling solo, so need to pick up climbing buddies).  Easiest option seems to be to drive and camp (Honda Jazz.... so a fair bit of room to pack the necessaries).  Hoping to be pushing 6B/6C towards the end of the trip.  I'll be living on a shoestring just because, but have solid funds should shit hit the fan  - hoping to dirtbag and avoid camping fees etc, but wouldn't object to the odd warm shower and sh&t in a proper bog.

Any advice, dreams, potential climbing partners etc more than welcome!  I am aware many may say wait until I am a better climber, but now is the time for me to travel.

Currently based near Manchester if anybody fancies a climb...

Thanks!

Post edited at 21:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...