UKC

Pasco Paramo leaking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nick e 05 Mar 2018

My Paramo Pasco is leaking first in drizzle came in on the arms and secondly in heavy rain reproofed both by hand and washing machine on paramo recommendation went out at weekend in rain the whole coat wetted and did not bead after 30 mins not impressed my hardshell montane had none of these issues but i prefer the warmth of the paramo at this time of the year

Scott K 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

Are you tumble drying after washing? Also, the washing machine needs to be clean with no trace of fabric softener etc.

DaveHK 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

It's Paramo, that's why.

nick e 05 Mar 2018
In reply to Scott K:

hi yes i tried a tumble cleaned the dispenser tray and did a couple of washes without then i put a ball filled with detergent in directly with coat repeated with tx direct and tumbled 

tried in shower still leaked ans wetted , it a wash again without tx just tech wash went out in heavy drizzle leaked in arms ? same really spoken to few people on the hill and none have had this issue 

nick e 05 Mar 2018

so Dave this is a common complaint about Paramo i have a less expensive dwr coated jacket that has been out in hellish weather no leak need to layer up though no warmth that why i liked the paramo

DaveHK 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

There's something funny going on with Paramo, either you find it's the only thing that will keep you dry or you find it leaks like a sieve. It's either poor qc or differences in usage / expectation. 

Post edited at 20:01
nick e 05 Mar 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

well its going back to source i think when i see a sticker saying waterproof i expect wthin reason to keep dry absolutely no trust in this product anymore cheers

GrahamUney 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

I'm one of the fell top assessors on Helvellyn, and last year Paramo sponsored us. I was wet practically every day of the season. They gave me three different Enduro jackets and trousers, and every one leaked. The first jacket leaked the very first day I wore it, and Paramo responded to my complaints with 'have you tried reproofing it?' This was a brand new, worn one day only jacket, and they wanted to know if I'd reproofed it! The other assessor Jon, absolutely loved his Paramo though. So who knows what goes on with this brand. I also had issues with velcro tabs ripping off, and zips coming loose. Not really impressive, I have to say.

DaveHK 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

> well its going back to source i think 

They'll reproof it and send it back to you. Whether that fixes it is another matter.

nick e 05 Mar 2018
In reply to GrahamUney:

i think back to good old gortex or neoshell for me at this time of the year i need reliability,ive sent it back but as Dave said they will probably reproof and send back confidence gone 

Goucho 05 Mar 2018
In reply to nick e:

Paramo's are supposed to leak, it's part of their design

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...