UKC

Where to find climbers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

After posting on here (not for the first time) about finding a partner in Ireland for some holiday climbing, and drawing a blank, I am now going to try and seek out climbers myself to try and rope (!) into climbing instead. 

Question is- Where do I find people to ask/coerce? 

Ive posted on here and on a couple of Facebook groups. I have signed up to Climbing.ie as well to try and search, but it seems fairly dormant. 

Does anybody have any ideas/contacts of people who would at least be willing to point me in the direction of climbers who might even humour me?

Dont care whereabouts they are.

Cheers.

Trangia 27 Mar 2018
In reply to MusicalMountaineer:

Join a climbing club local to you

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/find-a-club

jonathandavey 27 Mar 2018

Speaking of dormant things, I'm getting back into climbing after a somewhat fallow 2017. If you can do a holiday 20th-29th April I'm game, particularly for Mourne granite or easy new routing 

OliverR17 27 Mar 2018

I notice you're from Birmingham - I'm often around those parts. What's your indoor haunt?
I'd certainly entertain something adventurous, although I feel like joining Cave & Crag might be a more long term solution to your partner problem.

In reply to OliverR17:

Try not to go indoors if I can help it really mate. Although occasionally one of the bouldering walls if I can’t get out. I’m not looking to join a club, just for partners when I’m over in Ireland. 

I’d be happy to go out and climb sometime in England though.

cheers.

In reply to Trangia:

Few and far between in Ireland it seems. Not too practical for holiday climbing.

In reply to jonathandavey:

Hello mate!

Unfortunately with a new family I’m not sure it’d go down too well. I’m over here for 3 weeks now. 

We should get together when I’m back. Maybe some grit? Maybe Wales? Maybe Lakes?

g

jonathandavey 10 Apr 2018

Absolutely, Wales, Lakes or Peak are all good for me, though the lakes is the longest drive of the three and I find the climbing in wales generally more inspiring. Have fun over there!

Hillseeker 11 Apr 2018

Try the Galway climbing cooperative. Think they have a Facebook group.

I would have thought you could do worse than get in touch with the Irish Mountaineering Club. They were very helpful to me on a trip to Ireland about four decades ago.

silhouette 12 Apr 2018
In reply to MusicalMountaineer: The Facebook group"Traveling Rock Climbers" spelt in the American way, always has a lot of action.

mysterion 12 Apr 2018

You walk down a backstreet, you hear music pounding from behind a strong metal door, that's where the climbers are

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...