UKC

Anyone near Derby good with a soldering iron?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Siward 08 Apr 2018

UKC is the obvious place to ask this question- can't think of anywhere better!

I have an electric guitar which has stopped making any output at all.

On inspection there are two small wires soldered to the jack socket- one has become detached and will need resoldering.

Quite finicky work - not one for somebidy with a huge industrial soldering iron perhaps.

If there's anybody out there I'm sure we can come to some arrangment re beer or something

Tony Jones 08 Apr 2018
In reply to Siward:

I'm not near Derby unfortunately but, if you don't get an offer of help, a cheap soldering iron and some multicore solder can probably be purchased for not much more than a tenner from the likes of Screwfix. Rehearse by soldering a bit of wire to something unimportant and then, when you come to do the job on the guitar, make sure everything is clean, tin the bits to be soldered if necessary and you should be fine. Youtube is the place for instructional lessons: I'd be very surprised if there isn't a video of someone doing exactly what you are proposing to do.

Good luck! (Either with finding someone to do it or by doing it yourself...)

David Riley 08 Apr 2018
In reply to Siward:

I'm near Nottingham IKEA if you want to bring it over.

climber34neil 08 Apr 2018
In reply to Siward:

As tony says it's probably worth having a go. I'm not particularly great at that sort of thing but I managed to change the pick ups in my guitar and do the soldering , a bit fidley but seemed to go ok and I've never done it before , I got my soldering iron from the range, compete with solder etc for £12. I just followed the instructions on youtube 

Post edited at 23:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...