UKC

Fly-tipping at Windgather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HB1 14 Apr 2018

I was up at Windgather last monday (9th April) and was appalled to see a large dump of domestic rubbish on the road just before the stile. I contacted my local council (Cheshire East) but haven't heard back from them (they have multiple problems with crooked council officials, so are perhaps are not quite on-the-ball at the mo). Has anyone been up there more recently and so seen/not seen said eyesore? I'd like to hear!

Columbia753 14 Apr 2018
In reply to HB1:

Don't know about that sorry.

Came upon one when walking dog once and he quickly put stuff back in van. Was alone so didn't say any thing as he was with his mates.  

They are low on the scale of life forms on the planet. 

Post edited at 20:50
 EarlyBird 14 Apr 2018
In reply to HB1:

No fly-tipping in evidence today. 

OP HB1 14 Apr 2018
In reply to EarlyBird:

Cheers! Thank goodness for that! I just hope it won't happen again

Dax H 15 Apr 2018
In reply to HB1:

Unfortunately it's endemic everywhere. With restrictions on vans going in to council tips even if it is domestic rather than trade waste, big ques at the tips, people being lazy ignorant bastards. I saw a very posh looking lady wearing a suit get out of he Audi once and dump a couple of bin bags from the boot on to the road, unfortunately I was the other side of the river and couldn't get her registration. 

abr1966 15 Apr 2018
In reply to HB1:

> Cheers! Thank goodness for that! I just hope it won't happen again

It happens frequently in the area....I live down the road so windgather and the goyt are pretty much my back yard and lots of the laybay's are fly tipped. 

OP HB1 15 Apr 2018
In reply to abr1966:

It came as a shock as I climb at Windgather often - have done for years, and never seen such before. As you know Cheshire East has introduced charges for leaving building debris, rubble etc at the tip - but this was domestic, and could have been off-loaded at the proper place - unless local to Kettleshume, then I suppose it's a combination of ignorance and idleness

Siward 15 Apr 2018
In reply to HB1:

Don't let em off the hook by allowing them the ignorance defence. It's deliberate, antisocial behaviour .. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...