UKC

Harness with large adjustment range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SuperLee1985 18 Apr 2018

Hi Guys,

We need to replace our current club harnesses as they are getting pretty old now.

Given they are intended for use by new members of the club, (before they end up getting their own gear) they need to be able to be adjusted to fit a large size range from small, slim women to large, portly men.

Our current club harnesses are Black Diamond Bod which I don't number of reasons including them being not particularly comfy, and being a bit awkward to put on and easy put on wrong.

For the new ones I'd like something with a bit more padding, and ideally with quick lock/zip lock buckles so that it is much harder to put them on unsafely.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

valjean 18 Apr 2018
In reply to SuperLee1985:

the non padded ones are generally the most adjustable, DMM alpine, BD Bod, singing rock top, etc, and popular for centres

but for more typical harness (most closely resembling what club members may eventually buy for themselves) Petzl Corax is hard to beat,  2 sizes available.  Get a pile of each size and you can probably equip most of your club members.  throw in a couple of sets of the non padded ones to cover the extreme ends of sizes

OP SuperLee1985 18 Apr 2018

That was supposed to say: "which I don't like for a number of reasons", won't let me edit it for some reason.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it.

lithos 19 Apr 2018

I'd go with a DMM Brenin  style, you want them to be safe and functional but not top end to encourage serious new members to buy their own gear and not just use the clubs all the time

they have a belay loop so are more typical design

https://dmmclimbing.com/Products/Harnesses/Brenin-Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...