UKC

Britain leads in Chongqing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 05 May 2018

Nathan Philips is leading the qualification round at Chongqing World Cup. He was the only competitor to flash all 5 problems. Tomoa Narasaki was second in his group and also did all 5 problems but only flashed one of them. Only one other competitor managed all 5, Rei Sugimoto who is third that group.

Brilliant effort and lets hope he can keep up the momentum in the semis which are screened live at 2.30am. The finals are at a more reasonable 9.45am.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiZO6T8DBoR/

john arran 05 May 2018
In reply to stp:

Saw that earlier and was highly impressed. Let's hope it was a reflection of form and not a freak result. He deserves a final appearance.

Paz 05 May 2018

Well done Nathan!

OP stp 05 May 2018
In reply to john arran:

Yeah lets hope so. He's really talented climber. But it seems so hard to consistent for almost everyone in the male bouldering. Only Tomoa, Alexey and Jongwon Chon seem to make finals on a regular basis.

plyometrics 05 May 2018
In reply to stp:

Some seriously assured climbing going on there. Very, very impressive indeed.

john arran 06 May 2018
In reply to stp:

Maybe not the finals place we were hoping for, but a very respectable result anyway, and a great confidence boost for the next comps. Well done Nathan.

OP stp 10 May 2018
In reply to john arran:

Yeah, it was a shame he slipped off the slab problem. Looked like he almost had it.

He got mentioned in a round up of the event on OnBouldering too. Angel reckoned Nathan was obviously capable of making finals. The only problem was that so are many other men who are capable too. Still a good result and hopefully a confidence boost too.

jkarran 10 May 2018
In reply to stp:

And here's me thinking Chongqing must be a new drinking game!

jk

In reply to jkarran:

??? Not what I would expect from you.

jkarran 10 May 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Why? I don't follow competitive sport of any kind and I'll confess I've never heard of Chongqing wherever it is!

Jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...