UKC

REVIEW: Beal Cobra II Half Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 May 2018
Beal Cobras, 5 kbThe Beal Cobra is an all round rope that can be used for trad, winter and alpine. These mid-weight ropes are ideal for anyone who wants just one pair for a bit of everything, says Martin McKenna

Read more
 d_b 16 May 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Have they done anything about longevity?  The last beal cobra I had was lovely to work with but wore out in about a year.  The genesis I paired it with did me for another 5.

In reply to d_b:

Really? We'll I'd assume they must have. I've been using these for about 8 months now, winter and summer, and I can find exactly 1 slightly fluffed spot on one of them, it's very minor. My partner this week commented on how slick they still were.

d_b 16 May 2018
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

It was a year of quite heavy use.  I found the cobra beautiful to handle but the sheath just didn't seem anything like as hard wearing as some of the others. 

If they have fixed that issue but kept the feel I would certainly consider them for my next pair.

FreshSlate 16 May 2018
In reply to d_b:

Must have been a heavy year, I've had mine about 7-8 years and they are still going strong. 

They're a bit fluffy in areas but have done better than a beal single that I've had for about half the time. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...