UKC

Peak District Climbing instructor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 asteclaru 25 Jun 2018

I've had my first taste of grit yesterday, and, while I found it awful, I can definitely see the benefits of keeping at it, which is exactly why I want to give it another go and do more, but under the supervision of an experienced instructor 'willing to share the secrets of climbing on gritstone'.

Basically what I'm looking for is someone to take me to somewhere like Stanage for a weekend and get as much climbing in as possible.

Any recommendations for such an instructor?

Thank you

CharlieMack 25 Jun 2018
In reply to asteclaru:

Hi there. I'm a Peak District based climbing instructor and hold the MIA qualification. I know the peak well, along with the intricacies gritstone climbing. I'd be more than happy to take you out for some climbing and share some of the dark art secrets with you so that you'll love the grit!

I'll send you an email with details.

Mike Nolan 25 Jun 2018
In reply to asteclaru:

You'll have a great time with Charlie. He's super experienced, appropriately qualified and a dead nice guy!  

Jim Walton 25 Jun 2018
In reply to asteclaru:

Charlie is indeed a Great Instructor, you'll be fine with him.  If timings don't work out with Charlie then feel free to contact me.  I'm also a MIA Instructor and Member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors based out of the Peak District.

www.jimwaltonmia.com

Bulls Crack 25 Jun 2018
In reply to asteclaru:

> I've had my first taste of grit yesterday, and, while I found it awful, I can definitely see the benefits of keeping at it,

Thanks.. that made me smile! 

Trangia 25 Jun 2018
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Thanks.. that made me smile! 

Me too, particularly as I actually first read it as  "I can definitely see the benefits of keeping on it..."

OP asteclaru 26 Jun 2018
In reply to asteclaru:

thanks, I think I am sorted now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...