UKC

Edinburgh flatmates and living advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mara.nicola 22 Jul 2018

Hello ! 

Me and my partner Guy are moving up from Sheffield to Edinburgh - for my masters in Psychology. We’ve had a little look around and it seems that prices are pretty high for the two of us and so decided to find a house/flatshare with likeminded people! 

If you happen to have a spare double room or if you’re looking for accomodation yourself, we’d like to hear from you and maybe make this easier for all of us.

We’re a tidy, active couple, open minded, easy to chat with and we’ve been described as ‘caring and accomodating’ by our previous housemates. We like to share our vegan food, and anything else that can be shared - gear as well heeh! 

If you’re interested please ask any other questions you would like. We’re free to come up from the 2nd to the 6/7th of August and search for a place...or just contact us after as well! 

Also, any tips you have about Edinburgh climbing scene are welcome! We’ve heard Leith is ace for alien, and Northumberland is a stone throw away!

Take care! 

Mara and Guy

Email: mara.nicola@yahoo.com

In reply to Mara.nicola:

I can’t help with a room other than to say Leith is a relatively cheap part of town for renting, and as you say, Alien is there and it is great.

EICA Ratho is great too, though often noticeably cold, and the other side of town.

You certainly don’t need to go as far as Northumberland for a quick hit: you can boulder discretely in South Quarry on Arthur’s Seat, or there’s single pitch half an hour away at Traprain Law or a bit further at The Hawcraig. You can get train to Aberdour for Hawcraig, a great evening of climbing. Or Polney is accessible by train too.

Mountains/multipitch are probably only a shade over two hours away.

Have fun in Edinburgh - it’s an amazing place!

Post edited at 18:22
 J Glendinning 23 Jul 2018
In reply to Mara.nicola:

As a student climbing in Edinburgh i'd definitely think about joining a cub.  There's some really outstanding climbing in the North and West which is great but not often easily accessible by public transport.

Flat hunting in Edinburgh can be a pain.  

Its worth looking at this place if you haven't already.

https://edinburghcoop.wordpress.com

Ridge 23 Jul 2018
In reply to J Glendinning:

> Flat hunting in Edinburgh can be a pain.  

Also don't get a flatmate called Hugo...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...