UKC

Scenerio for a No Deal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 25 Jul 2018

Lets have reality here:

All unicorns die

Food shortages

EU closes Calais to force UK to pay exit bill

Chaos at Dover- as no trade with Europe is possible in terms of freight

Food shortages

Food prices rise

People go Bonkers

Anarchy on the streets- a real uprising

Army forced in to control the public....in effect we become a military state

Businesses go bankrupt

All non doms all of a sudden have no status , even thought they have been living in Europe for years, and are 'illegal'.

This is the absolute worse case scenerio and is highly possible.

Absolute madness and May is marching towards this....

For the first time in two years I heard a politician admit " Its very complicated" funny how that was never mentioned during debate two years ago.

He did not admit it was impossible.

Trevers 25 Jul 2018
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Utterly horrifying that this is something that we're even contemplating.

And for what? Cameron's failed career, and the narrow interests of a few already very wealthy extremist ideologues.

Andy Hardy 25 Jul 2018

The EU is not going to close Calais. Capacity may be significantly reduced by customs checks required by the WTO, but it won't close.

Food price rises are inevitable due to currency weakness, shortages are a possibility.

Even this shower of Brexit bellends won't let the nation starve.

I hope

wintertree 25 Jul 2018

For once I’m not sure you are being negative enough.

My baseline for planning purposes is not leaving the house and immediate grounds for a 6 week period.

Andy Johnson 25 Jul 2018

I'm not sure about the EU closing Calais, but it is conceivable that customs problems means it gets so clogged up with trucks that it's effectively closed. Hard to see how all that infrastructure could be moved or dispersed.

Calling in the military is certainly possible if there is widespread disorder. The police struggled in 2011, and there are a lot less of them now. Lot less military too.

Post edited at 18:53
 Andy Johnson 25 Jul 2018

Here's SF author Charlie Stross's take on it:

https://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2018/07/that-sinking-feeling.h...

Removed User 25 Jul 2018

Everything's going to fine.

I saw that on the side of a bus so it must be true.

It beggars belief that a country like the UK can sleepwalk into this coup. So many obstacles to it have been conveniently forgotten about. I'm not sure I even trust the referendum result any more. I'm profoundly glad I don't have children.

Post edited at 19:01
 wercat 25 Jul 2018

Perhaps I should stockpile Levothyroxine, not sure what happens if the supply is interrupted.

Trevers 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

I trust that 52/48 accurately represents the ratio of people on the day who filled in the boxes on their ballot papers.

I also know that the result is meaningless, and any "mandate" derived from it is utterly worthless.

pasbury 25 Jul 2018

Emergency measures. And we all know where they lead....

Trevers 25 Jul 2018

Has anybody started taking their own emergency measures and started stockpiling canned food for Brexit day?

I'm seriously considering starting to do this. Overreaction or a smart measure?

jkarran 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Andy Johnson:

That's cheery! And quite plausible.

Jk

Removed User 25 Jul 2018

There will be a deal of some sort. No Prime Minister could stay in office if they failed to get a deal for taking the UK out of the EU.

I don't imagine the other EU governments would be delighted if their side failed either.

Removed User 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Trevers:

> I trust that 52/48 accurately represents the ratio of people on the day who filled in the boxes on their ballot papers.

> I also know that the result is meaningless, and any "mandate" derived from it is utterly worthless.

That's pretty much my view, but nevertheless it's still a coup. Will of the people my hairy arse. Hey we could make a film about it, and call it "Triumph of the Will."

pec 25 Jul 2018

> Lets have reality here:

> All unicorns die

> Food shortages

> EU closes Calais to force UK to pay exit bill

> Chaos at Dover- as no trade with Europe is possible in terms of freight

> Food shortages

> Food prices rise

>etc etc

Don't forget World War 3, how could you forget that. David Cameron promised us World War 3.

Removed User 25 Jul 2018
In reply to pec:

> Don't forget World War 3, how could you forget that. David Cameron promised us World War 3.

Probably the only instance where the snivelling little eunuch was as good as his word.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...