UKC

Jersey DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JoshOvki 06 Aug 2018

Dear UKC Hive,

Off to Jersey in early September hand luggage only so no chance of taking a rope etc. So does anyone know of any DWS locations or topos?

Toerag 06 Aug 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

I don't know of anything but I'm only a Guern. No doubt the Jersey boys will be along shortly to let you know, if not they've a couple of facebook groups you can ask on (Jersey climbs / JRCC).

Guernsey has some DWS - a number of Martin Crocker E5s in the Congrelle are DWSable at F6b/c I think, and there's more at Le Gouffre / Point De La Moye. Look in the logbooks here.

Chris Beck 07 Aug 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

Jersey unfortunately does not have any good DWS venues , or any topos as far as i know of...but it does have good coasteering / sea level traversing . I am reluctant to advise you on this though , as the tidal range in the Channel Islands is shall we say...crazy! and its very easy to get into trouble even as a local who knows the areas well.

A few places that could be of interest are Little Greve , its a sort of semi secret beach next to Greve de lecq main beach. Its the main area outdoor pursuits companies run coasteering sessions. You can reach it by a scramble around the rocks / or a swim through a cave at the right tide... quite good fun. You will find loads of cliff jumps and easy soloing in this area.

The other area worth a short visit would be Beauport/ Gully wall area. It has a nice sea level traverse around/ under the pillar /stack on the left , and all around to dry land. Will make sense when you are there. Start at sea level under the large pillar with a large detached boulder on top and keep climbing at sea level to dry land... vs at the end if i remember right.

Other than i would suggest getting into contact with the local climbers , they will be more than happy to help.

Post edited at 18:55
OP JoshOvki 22 Aug 2018
In reply to Chris Beck:

Thanks Both, will leave the shoes at home then!

Toerag 23 Aug 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

I'm sure if you ask the locals via their facebook groups they'll take you out proper climbing or lend you some gear to do so.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...