UKC

Orkney Climbing Guide Supplement take 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 henwardian 24 Sep 2018

I hate making a new thread about this but the old one can't be edited any more, so not really any choice. I made a permanent website to host the guide to replace the previous link which was limited to 30 days. The address is https://edwardnind.wixsite.com/orcadianclimbing for anyone who is interested.

This permanent site also has the advantage that I can update it easily.

In reply to henwardian:

Great title page image. Thanks for putting in the effort to do this. Information about Orcadian climbing has been strangely hard to get hold of. Sometimes it seemed like the locals (some years ago) really didn't want anyone to know what they had beyond the Old Man and Yesnaby.

Its obvious that you've put in a great deal of work, both on the climbing and writing side. It's a very useable and easy to understand guide.

Post edited at 19:39
OP henwardian 24 Sep 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Thanks, has taken me quite a lot of time but it is also pretty satisfying! Hopefully a second chapter to add to this next spring

I think the lack of information is down to quite a few things, difficulty of getting photos sometimes, routes being done by all different people and nobody on the island being a central person collating everything. At some stage there will be a new guide for Orkney and I'm sure at that point the full range of stuff available will be revealed. I know of loads of stuff that isn't in the supplement I made (it was only the routes I and friends climbed this spring) but I realised that trying to make something complete was well beyond the time I has available to invest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...