UKC

Logbooks video upload

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisBrooke 02 Oct 2018

Hi Rockfax. I was wondering if the video upload option for logbook routes was still in development. I can imagine it's a whole pandora's box of bandwidth, storage and moderating concerns, but I was just curious as to your thoughts on it. 

In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Hi Chris

Yes this is in development and actually getting quite close now. It won’t effect our bandwidth because we won’t host the videos, those will be on YouTube/Vimeo. Moderating is a concern though since we certainly don’t have time to watch everything uploaded. We have a few ideas but it may end up being user moderation.

Alan

OP ChrisBrooke 05 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks for the reply Alan. 

myrddinmuse 07 Oct 2018
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

On the topic of logbooks, is anybody else having trouble seeing the notes when looking at my own/other people's UKC logbooks? Only visible when clicking on the climbs themselves at the moment for me!

Cheers!

OP ChrisBrooke 08 Oct 2018
In reply to myrddinmuse:

> On the topic of logbooks, is anybody else having trouble seeing the notes when looking at my own/other people's UKC logbooks? Only visible when clicking on the climbs themselves at the moment for me!

> Cheers!

Yes, sort of. If you click where the notes flag should be you can see the notes bubble appear as usual.....you just can't see whether there is a flag or not. Weird.

(Using Chrome on a Mac)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...