UKC

Adios Dali - Costa Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cyrees 01 Nov 2018

Hi everyone,

Headed to Costa Blanca this December and have a vague aspiration to go and try to fall off something well above my pay-grade a lot, both for improvement, and as a long-term project.

I was scouting around and saw someone mention 'Adios Dali' (Adiós Dali (7c+)) on a thread. I love slab climbing and apparently it's one of the oldest routes? So that degree of history appealed to me.

However, looking in the Rockfax book I can't find its entry at all, even to the right of 'Amarillo' where it should be.

Does anyone have any advice/knowledge? Failing that - recommendations for fun routes for long-term projecting/goals in the 7c/7c+ range very welcome. Thanks!

spidermonkey09 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Cyrees:

I would anticipate that 7c+ slab at Toix would be utterly horrendous. Inevitably polished and probably in full sun, but I may be wrong! Plus you have to locate the route in the first place.

I don't know what your typical pay grade is, but the best route on the Costa Blanca I've tried is The Magic Flute (7b). I'd get that done for starters as its superb. 

Post edited at 11:25
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Cyrees:

Adios Dali is actually below the road at Toix East. I have never had any information about it, except it was put up by Mark Edwards. No idea about the state of the bolts or if it ever gets done. Any feedback would be great,

Chris

OP Cyrees 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks both! If we find ourself at Toix I'll wander down and take a look/report back. If we don't then to the Magic Flute I go!  

Post edited at 13:24
 spidermonkey09 05 Nov 2018
In reply to Cyrees:

Absolute quality that route. Theres even a Jam Crack podcast about it. Enjoy. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...